, , , , , , , , , , , ,

Powerhouses from nature: Essential oils

1:30 AM


Most of us have heard about essential oils but not everyone realizes their power. There aren't many things in the world which improve health as easily as essential oils do. Today, I'm going to give you a brief account of my experience with peppermint oil and tea tree oil.

One important thing to be said about essential oils is that you would reach a much better result if you follow the instructions. I have used undiluted tea tree oil a few times and even though it didn't harm my skin, it made me feel like my head is burning when I used on scalp. It worked a lot better when I used it mixed in olive oil. Both these oils are known to cure dandruff and scalp itchiness, so it's a good idea to use them together for a scalp massage. It's not only that tea tree oil didn't burn when used diluted, it also treated the scalp problems so much more. The massage also improved overall health and seemed like it removed a lot of infection from the body. Tea tree oil is famous for being anti-fungal and anti-bacterial.

Peppermint oil is cheaper than most essential oils, but that's no reason to think it's any less beneficial. In fact, few essential oils are edible and peppermint oil is one of them. I don't even take a drop, I just press the opened bottle on my palm and lick. It tastes minty, like menthol toffees. It instantly wakes me up and energizes me, making me feel more alive. It also instantly improves digestion. You would feel it's effect the following day as well. Peppermint oil can be added to dishes as well, as a garnishing ingredient or to herbal teas. It also seems to remove infection from the body like tea tree, though obviously if you ingest it, it would get rid of the infections in the stomach more than other parts. Don't be alarmed if it makes you go to the toilet a bit more than usual though. Natural things have this way of purifying our body. Another day, I added 5 drops of peppermint oil to 2 tablespoons of olive oil and massaged the concoction on some parts of the body. It improved overall health and solved the problem of peeing a bit more often than usual. One massage, that's all it took.

To be noted: I generally keep oils on for a long time, sometimes for even longer than 24 hours. While I've found that keeping oils for long on the body helps, keeping them for too long on the head can actually make the head itch!

Image: Jennifer Lawrence



You Might Also Like